Whole Wheat Pie Crust
2 ½ cups Bob’s Red Mill Organic Whole Wheat Flour
¼ tsp. Sea Salt
½ cup Organic Coconut Oil (liquefied)
½ cup water
- Stir salt and flour together.
- Make a hole in the dry ingredients.
- Pour in oil and water.
- Mix lightly to form dough and shape into a ball.
- Roll out on floured surface.
- Place your pie dish on top of dough and flip over.
- Press dough into dish and form edges.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool.
Strawberry Chia Filling
2 lbs. Organic Strawberries (blended to make 4 cups)
3 cups Organic Strawberries (sliced)
¼ cup Organic Raw Chia Seeds
1 tbsp. Organic Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed)
½ cup Organic Cane Sugar or Xylitol
¼ cup Organic Agave Nectar
¼ cup water
2 tbsp. Corn Starch
- Blend 2 lbs. strawberries to make 4 cups.
- In a mixing bowl, add 3 cups blended strawberries and ¼ cup Chia Seeds.
- Stir well, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a cup, add water and cornstarch. Mix well and set aside stove.
- In a saucepan, add the remaining 1 cup blended strawberries, sugar, agave, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium and add 1 tbsp. of cornstarch mixture. Stir well. Add a second tablespoon of cornstarch mixture. Stir well. Add a third tablespoon of cornstarch mixture. Stir well. Add a final tablespoon of cornstarch mixture. Stir well. Let cool.
- Add 3 cups of sliced strawberries to mixing bowl and stir.
- Add saucepan mixture to mixing bowl.
- Pour strawberry contents from mixing bowl into cooled pie crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before eating.