Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mango Curry Chicken Salad (gluten-free)




















Nothing says "Hello summer!" quite like a chicken salad.  Today I was asked to bring a dish for a friend's birthday party this weekend and I wanted to try something new.  I thought about what would taste good in a chicken salad then visited my local grocery store to gather the items.  When I finished creating this recipe, I was MORE than satisfied with the result!  I can't wait to hear everyone's reaction at the party :).



INGREDIENTS

4 cups organic chicken, cooked & cubed

1 cup organic mayonnaise

3/4 cup Patak's Sweet Mango Chutney

1/2 cup Patak's Korma Curry Simmer Sauce

1/4 tsp black pepper

1/4 tsp ground turmeric root

1/2 tsp garam masala

1 tsp curry powder

1 cup white onion, chopped

1 cup raw pecans OR raw walnuts, chopped

1 cup seedless red grapes, small slices

1 cup Fuji apples, small chunks





















DIRECTIONS

Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.

Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Serve on sourdough squares (not gluten-free), gluten-free bread, or gluten-free crackers.

Garnish with mixed greens and swiss cheese.


Enjoy and Happy Summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment